Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cat flaps that work with ID microchips chips

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 7 August 2019 13:45:34 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 04:04:52 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 22:12:52 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 18:53:35 +0100, ARW
wrote:

Any recommendations for one?

Two cats and the owner wants no aliens in the house.

Isn't that a dichotomy? ;-)

The real pity / problem is that any owners let their companion animals
out unmonitored.

Cats are almost impossible to monitor they aren;t just pets they are
animals and you can't order a cat top do something it doesn't want to.

No, really, good job you told me. However, I wasn't really talking
about the pet but their 'owners'.

Cats donlt have owners dogs do, cats have staff. ;-)

snip cr*p

About the only exceptions I can think of could be
pigeon racers and tortoise owners?

I've had foxes at my cat flap and one next doors dog, which was taken
away from them as they couldn;t loko after it.

As it should be. Shame the same doesn't apply to the owners of cats
who allow their 'pet' to trespass (and defecate etc) on other peoples
property.

According to cats wherever they deficate is their property.
It;s a humn concept that you can own such a place using money or whatever.
Do you really expect an aminal to understand such human behaviour.
Even humans don't really understand it and that's where you get crime,
laws and solicitors.
Perhaps yuo can explain why your innocence or guilt can depend on how much
you pay for a solicitor. Once yuo';ve explained it to me try it with a
cat.

Whilst such may not be illegal, it *is* as antisocial as not
picking up after your dog or allowing it off the lead without being
'in control' or to bark incessantly etc.

You own a dog you should be able to control it that is the law, like kids.
Horses were always allowed to **** where they like.
Dogs need leads partly because of how dangerous they are, cats rarely do
significant damge to humans or other animals compared to dogs.
Maybe thats why fox hunters use dogs and not cats.

I've yet to here of a cat killing a child or severly injuring them.

But then you don't really consider things that don't support your
blinkered cause do you? Never heard of toxoplasmosis?

Of course I have and I know about it, I've read about it's life cycle
fascinating 'bug' and has a form of transmitted inteligence, but it
doesn't kill humans.
Dogs get all sorts of worms and when they **** in a field if a child
should get it in their eyes they could go blind or worse.

Makes you wonder why the police train dogs and not cats doesn't it ?

It might make you wonder but it wouldn't make a sane person wonder.

Why can't the police control a cat then like they can dogs, you expect a
'nornmal' person to control a cats behavior ?

If they wanted something to jump up onto the food preparation surfaces
and walk all over their droughts I guess they could get a cat?

What if they wanted an animal to eat it;s own **** and like your face.
Only dogs do that. Cats don't normmaly eat ****.

I wonder if cats/dogs are left or right brained.

I'm sure you do (as it's completely illogical to wonder if there was
likely to be a bias in 'all dogs')

But there is they use the same method as humans when looking at something
or someone cats don't, dogs are the only known animal to do this the same
way as humans.

... If they experience brain
lateralisation (and there is no reason why they wouldn't) then there
is a good chance that they would experience the same things / issues
as humans do.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...66432810000100
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...76635702001614
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...03347211002284
https://link.springer.com/article/10...071-008-0199-3
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...03347211002284
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/....1002/wcs.100#

Yes I know this is what makes them more like humans having lived with
humans and shared lives with humans for 10k + years.

Dogs appear more stupid and are more inteligent generly speaking of
course.

Both dogs and cats lick themselves clean

Most animals with fur do, and girafes use their tongue to clean theire
ears

Not their own ears, those of other giraffes.

and nose no other animal can do that.

but I don't think that would
be appropriate for test tubes. They can probably train Monkeys to do
that though.

they probbbaly have as they are more like humans than even dogs, but cats
aren;t like dogs, you need to understand the differnce.
Itls rather like trying to train an elephant to fly.

Cheers, T i m