Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Painting Problem

On 07/08/2019 11:22, Brian Reay wrote:

Ah, that is interesting.

I believe the paint is something they were recommended to use in the
other room which they had replastered and was something 'special' for
newly plastered walls. As it gave good results, they used it again.

I'll give him a call. Thank you.

I have also been looking into this in recent weeks. Special paint for
new plaster is usually watered down basic matt emulsion - not vinyl or
silk or bathroom/kitchen paint etc. The idea seems to be you want it
to sink into the plaster rather than sit on the top.

This YouTube video shows the effect of using the wrong sort of paint too
soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43St5HAali8

Having said that I don't think using paint for new plaster on old stable
surfaces should have any adverse effect.

--
Chris B (News)