Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cat flaps that work with ID microchips chips

On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 18:53:37 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Any recommendations for one?

Two cats and the owner wants no aliens in the house.

--
Adam

About 10 years ago I decided to buy a microchip cat flap after I kept getting other cats visiting though my standard none ID chipped flap, after I installed it I put a webcam up to check everything was working. I have seen a fox try to get in too.

My first video got attention and someone from the company "bitcoin james" (asked me if it was their flap which it was. They asked me if I'd allow them to have the vid for advertising purposes, I allowed them that and that they could use a clip in an america programme on the animal planet channel called yuor pet wants this.
For that I recuieved a £100 cheque and a new version of the flap free which was stronger so I replaced mine with the new version.

As I've been paid for advertising I don't mind saying that my catflap was the Pet Porte 'make' I've no idea whether others are better or worse.

My present cat is an indoor cat never wants to go out.
The flap is still in the door but I have a fire extingisher up against it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUBgEZ5fteU

this show how persistant some cats can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHNeKgu1k34