Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Cat flaps that work with ID microchips chips

Yes very funny, I somehow that the cost and the military grade laser might
be prohibitively expensive!

You can get readers for the chips, but I do not know the range. I'd look at
those and see if they generate a signal of some sort. I saw something a
couple of years go on Country file where a farmer had an automated cattle
sorter that used rfid to move a metal grille so certain animals went one way
and others the other way.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 06/08/2019 18:53, ARW wrote:
Any recommendations for one?

Two cats and the owner wants no aliens in the house.

There was someone who used to spam newsgroups with such a product sometime
ago. So not a recommendation no matter what that is.

I'd go DIY, some sort of two-factor authentication.

i.e.
1. machine learning, so that what looks like a cat is identified as being
a cat,
2. having a microchip.

A laser to vaporise subjects that fail that would be a natural upgrade.

--
Adrian C