Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Why aren't toasters grounded?

wrote:

On Sun, 4 Aug 2019 17:25:18 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

You've never seen a toaster with a two prong cord? That's all they
come with. Toasters don't require, or come with, a three prong plug
because they're double insulated. Oh and it's impossible to get
electrocuted by putting a mental object in the toaster( ie: metal
fork). A little education goes a long way in today's world.

Toasters are expected to be plugged into a GFCI "small appliance
circuit". There is a great amount of safety because of that.

My house was made in 1967 and doesn't have GFCI circuit in the kitchen
or a GFCI circuit breaker for the kitchen in the main panel. Having
said that though, we use a toaster OVEN rather than a toaster for
bread. It has three prongs.