MJR

Default remove wallpaper that has been painted over?

The lady that does and has done all our wallpapering in the room uses the
following method and it works very well as I have tried it myself in my
sewing room. Bucket of warm water, 2 cups vinegar or more, couple squirts of
dishsoap, a roller brush (the kind you paint with). Wet the rollerbrush in
the warm water and go over the wallpaper until well soaked (give or take
5-15 min) repeat if necessary (the wettening process) then use a spatula and
peel off.
I have tried the tiger claw but found with the vinyl coated wallpaper it
made lots of holes and yes the water got behind it, but when I got ready to
pull it off I had to do it in bits and pieces cause the claw had torn the
paper. I rather let the wall wet and then pull off in one sheet.
Hope this helps,
purple
"TaraDanielle" wrote in message
om...
Hi
I want to redo a room in my Cape Cod home. It has cheap white paint
over cheap light green paint over ugly wallpaper.

What is the easiest way to get it all down so I can paint it?

There are ugly lines showing through the paint, seams I guess. Half
of the rest of the house WAS done in paneling with no drywall behind
it. I fear finding that in this room too! The ugly lines are even on
the ceiling.

Tips? Steaming? A razor? Nu Wall over it? (worked very well on the
paneling upstairs)
THANKS
Tara