Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default highway code

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 07:40:45 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

snip

I bet the same people voted for Brexit and don't realise they are the
cause of the queues themselves. ;-)

What I would like to see are signs saying:
"Carriageways merge in 400 yards - Merge now"
followed by
"Carriageways merge in 200 yards - Merge NOW"
followed by
"Carriageways merge in 100 yards - If YOU haven't merged by now, you're
NICKED!"

That would be good, supported by a lane camera (like they use on bus
lanes).

Unless the fine was accompanied by points on yer licence, I suspect
many of those who abuse the system regularly (when the traffic is
moving freely) will carry on doing it and pay the fine (looking at the
cost of the cars they drive).

Cheers, T i m