Posted to alt.home.repair
\[email protected] \Retired@Home.com is offline

Default AC outlets and breakers

On 8/2/19 4:28 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 2:06:03 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
trader_4 wrote in
:

On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 1:36:54 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
Is there any way to check to see if two AC outlets are on the same
breaker without flipping breakers on and off?

Probably not but couldn't hurt to ask.

TIA

They have testers to locate breakers, where you plug a widget into the
receptacle and it injects a signal that the handheld tester then can
sniff at the panel.

Interesting. Never heard of this. Will research it. Thanks much!

It's one of those things that once in a while you could use to make
things easier, but then you forget about it and probably not worth
what it costs unless you're going to use it regularly. Still, I guess
it might be worth it just to label all the breakers, something I always
intended to do, but never have. Wonder if Harbor Freight has a cheap one?

None at H-F or H-D
Amazon has several choices with much better reviews than the Lowes unit

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=ac+tracer...f=nb_sb_noss_1