TURTLE

Default Trane Furnace

"CJ" wrote in message ...
We have a high efficiency Trane furnace (2 speeds)
Is it possible to increase the speed of the fan output?

The first fan level seems very low to us, and it is rare for the second
speed to come on (it has to be very cold day for this 2nd speed to start
up).

This is Turtle.

When the furnace is running on first stage it is burning 1/2 the fuel and electricty of the second stage. If you can get by on the
first stage , you getting by with a lot of fuel not being burnt. Now if you just want to see the furnace burn more fuel. Call the
service company and tell them that you want to run the furnace on high fire or high heat and they will switch the wires out and make
it burn more fuel for you. I have never heard of one of my customers wanting to burn more fuel in my life, but there is a first time
for everything.

Let me explain to you something here. The second stage is a higher speed on the fan but it is also a high level of the burners that
comes on and burns twice as much fuel as the first stage. It is not just the fan speed but the fuel rate goes up with it.

TURTLE

---