Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Changes to bank web security

Swer wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
Re femtocells:

Vodafone use sure signal

O2 use boostbox

EE use signal box

3 use home signal.

All are one off purchases and you need to register the mobile phone
numbers
on them as this then stops other people hogging your broadband line for
mobile related stuff.

I asked 3 for one and they wouldn't let me have it, they just promoted
their "use WiFi when there's no mobile coverage" app, which has since
been discontinued and didn't work anyway.

I don't think you can "purchase" a "home signal".

In fact I just looked, the Three web site says:-

Home Signal

Update: Three no longer issue home signal boxes

It's the perfect solution but, for some reason, the mobile providers
won't actually supply them.

Because wifi calling works much better now because you can
do that anywhere you can find a wifi service when you discover
there is no mobile coverage where you happen to be even if
that is just some place you will never go to again.

There is one big downside of 'WiFi calling', it only works on *some*
phones with *some* mobile providers. It would cost me quite a lot of
money (especially compared with the amount I currently spend on my
mobile) to get a phone that can do WiFi calling and change provider.

--
Chris Green
ยท