volts500

Default ? NEC and ridgid metal conduit

"wahzoo" wrote in message
om...
I'm confused by NEC 314.28 which deals with the mininum sizes of
conduit bodies for straight and angle pulls.

I have a 2" conduit I'm using for feeders. The conductors are bigger
than 4 awg. As it goes up the structure there are tees where
individual feeders leave to reach the load center for that floor. Is
this article inferring that the use of conduit bodies to make the tee
is not allowed? --because bodies of that size don't exist. For
instance I've never seen 2" Tee conduit body that is 24" long (6 x
trade size x 2 for each side).

--wahzoo

PS. And what about service entrance LB's? Most are well under 6 x
trade size in length.

Read the entire section...."Section 314.28(A)(3) Smaller Dimensions", allows
smaller conduit bodies and boxes _IF_ "... the box or conduit body has been
listed for and is permanently marked with the minimum number and maximum
size of conductors permitted." You'll usually find the marking inside the
conduit body. Or you can posssibly use a 4" x 4" x 24" trough.