Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing Machine Woes

On 29/07/2019 20:57, mm0fmf wrote:
On 28/07/2019 09:45, Brian Reay wrote:
mm0fmf wrote:
On 27/07/2019 18:59, TheChief wrote:
TheChief Wrote in message:

Hi Guys

How do I open the door to a washing machine when it has died mid
cycle.

I cannot power the machine up without tripping the RCD.Â* So it
cannot complete the wash and release the door.

Without a hammer or crowbar is there a way to retrieve the washing?

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Thanks guys

I'll try the lid off route tomorrow and try to recover the contents.

As it is around 10 years old it looks like a new one is in order.

Phil

If it's not worth fixing at only 10 years old it's not a Bosch / Miele
or AEG.

I dont rate either Bosch or AEG.

Our first new machine *was an Ariston, it lasted 17 years with no
more than
door seals and a door handle (perhaps a switch as well- although that
may
have been a later Ariston).Â* Since then, others of various makes have
typically lasted 5 or 6 years with little difference between makes.
We now
only buy machines which have 5 year a warranty included and plan on
replacing then when they die, unless it is something trivial.

* we bought a s/h machine when we were students, it lasted several
years.

Our experience with AEG ( admittedly not washing machines) hasnt been
good. Ditto Bosch.

Bosch these days are total junk.

When did they, in your opinion, stop being good / start being total junk?

I dunno.

I dont buy white goods more than hopefully every 20 years

--
"And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch".

Gospel of St. Mathew 15:14