Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Washing Machine Woes

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay used his keyboard to write :
Agreed

We replaced one with a Siemens which, when it failed (out of warranty)
I discovered used some identical parts inside to the Bosch it had
replaced- to the point some parts I'd kept from the Bosch would fit and
allowed me to repair it.

Lots of the smaller parts in CH boilers, washing machines, cars and
many other things are common to many other makes. Why make something
from scratch, when you can buy off the shelf and add a few extra
percent, by putting it one of your own boxes?

In the same way that the Ford Anglia and the Mini both used the same Lucas
starter. But it was cheaper froma Ford dealer than a BL one.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England