Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Barn paint

Kat m wrote in
oupdirect.com:

The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on
barn and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals
regular paint does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

When I was a kid - some 70 years ago - someone. or maybe more than one,
offered to paint your barn free if they could put a big advertisment on one
end. Or something like that. Anyhow, the red barns with the big ad were
very common. I wonder if this still happens? Can't remember the topic of
the ad. I suspect long gone.