Posted to alt.home.repair
Kat Kat is offline

Default Barn paint

The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on barn
and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals regular paint
does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...t-1196614-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kat m wrote in
oupdirect.com:

The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on
barn and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals
regular paint does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

When I was a kid - some 70 years ago - someone. or maybe more than one,
offered to paint your barn free if they could put a big advertisment on one
end. Or something like that. Anyhow, the red barns with the big ad were
very common. I wonder if this still happens? Can't remember the topic of
the ad. I suspect long gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 27 Jul 2019 17:39:23 GMT, KenK wrote:

Kat m wrote in
roupdirect.com:

The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on
barn and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals
regular paint does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

When I was a kid - some 70 years ago - someone. or maybe more than one,
offered to paint your barn free if they could put a big advertisment on one
end. Or something like that. Anyhow, the red barns with the big ad were
very common. I wonder if this still happens? Can't remember the topic of
the ad. I suspect long gone.

Maybe Red Man chew, or a feed and seed company. I remember Red Man, maybe because it was
my favorite chew.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/27/2019 10:44 AM, Kat wrote:
The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on barn
and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals regular paint
does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

To say nothing of people with barns tended to have a lot of milk on hand
to make milk paint.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on 27 Jul 2019 17:39:23 GMT, KenK
wrote:

Kat m wrote in
roupdirect.com:

The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on
barn and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals
regular paint does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

When I was a kid - some 70 years ago - someone. or maybe more than one,
offered to paint your barn free if they could put a big advertisment on one
end. Or something like that. Anyhow, the red barns with the big ad were
very common. I wonder if this still happens? Can't remember the topic of
the ad. I suspect long gone.

I think I've seen Mail Pouch Tobacco, but at least in rural Maryland and
Pennsylvania, I don't see wood barns that much. I'm much more likely to
take country road than highways, but I only do this once in a while. I
did see an old red barn the summer before last with a faded ad on the
side of it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 03:45:57 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on 27 Jul 2019 17:39:23 GMT, KenK
wrote:

Kat m wrote in
groupdirect.com:

The original reason for barn paint was because animals tend to chew on
barn and fence woid. It did not have lead and the toxic chemicals
regular paint does. And, yes, you will need to paint more often.

When I was a kid - some 70 years ago - someone. or maybe more than one,
offered to paint your barn free if they could put a big advertisment on one
end. Or something like that. Anyhow, the red barns with the big ad were
very common. I wonder if this still happens? Can't remember the topic of
the ad. I suspect long gone.

I think I've seen Mail Pouch Tobacco, but at least in rural Maryland and
Pennsylvania, I don't see wood barns that much. I'm much more likely to
take country road than highways, but I only do this once in a while. I
did see an old red barn the summer before last with a faded ad on the
side of it.

Rural folk are all lefty liberal political correct-orite commies now
and they cover up the tobacco adverts with stupid looking
geometric colour patches ...
https://www.barnquilttrails.ca/
John T.