Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 3 prong outlet, which way is up?

On 7/24/2019 11:21 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 09:44:02 +0000, Pete
m wrote:

replying to GaryB, Pete wrote:
I was always told in school and daycare construction the outlets must be
installed ground up for similar reasons.

It is not in the Florida SREF (State Requirements for Educational
Facilities). It never even came up in the last 24 hour CEU course I
took.

Also in Florida - -
I mentioned before that in a hospital they were all pin up. I was since
at another hospital and they also had them pin up.

My house was built a year ago and they are pin down except for the ones
that are switched.

Confusing. If I buy a new extention cord should I get one with the pin
up or down?