Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Cloudy headlights

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 15:30:01 +0100
newshound wrote:

2004 Renault Master. Some of the online links suggest you have to go
back to 300 grit to remove enough material, can this be right?

When my car failed the MOT for having no discernible beam pattern ("We
can fit new ones for you ...") I decided to first thoroughly clean the
lenses before getting stuck in with the wet and dry. One of the
cleaners I had to hand was sugar soap, and to my surprise it
significantly reduced the haziness, such that a quick rub over with
metal polish had the beams nice and crisp. I think the guys at the
garage were surprised to see me back so soon.