Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Socket terminal screws not grabbing cable....

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I've seen this as well, but always I find that several months after
installation you need to retighten the screws due to it all relaxing.
If you strip enough and fold it nicely it then grips quite well. I'm
surprised technology has not improved on a screw by now, maybe to a
screw pushing a spring plate system as you can find in some terminal
blocks.

Given the life of most electrical installations, I'd not trust a spring to
retain its effectiveness for long enough.

Nothing wrong with a screw terminal connection if you have some common
sense.

I still see/find junction boxes (40 years old or more) under floorboards
that are fine.

--
Adam