Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Securing walkway roof to brickwork

On 19/07/2019 18:18, Andrew wrote:
On 18/07/2019 21:38, Tim Lamb wrote:
I am planning a single pitch roof fitted between two existing cavity
walls (house/old garage) and am contemplating fixing to the walls
rather than using vertical supports from foundation pads.
The outer skin brick is sound but uses wirecut extruded brick with
lots of internal holes. Any drilled fixing hole has a 50% chance of
finding a cavity!

Any suggestions. Concrete screws with the holes pre-filled with
resin? or?

I am as regulars klnow a great fan of resin. Of course I use car body
filler because it is CHEAP.

And it absorbs moisture over time and swells up.

No, it doesn't

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan