Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Junior hacksaw blades

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 08:25:57 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Its not just the Junior ones either. The normal ones with the pips on the
handle and holes in the blades seem to have several standards as well.

I have not had any issue getting the right ones, I just need to give the
frame to whoever is buying them.
I did get some Stanley ones a while back, which were crap, the teeth kind
of shredded off. Made in Poland it said apparently, but I suspect fakes from
China using cheap and cheerful manufacturing techniques.
Brian

I made the mistake of getting some blades from the local post office (I
know...!). Used one on mild steel, satisfying production of filings BUT the
blade was smooth and the mild steel was, er, mildly annoyed.
Eclipse blades are OK. All my frames are the cheap 'n' cheerful ones - I've
always avoided the screw-type as they can be too bulky.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away