Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Junior hacksaw blades

Is there more than one standard (dimension wise) for junior hacksaw blades?

I have 5 off junior hacksaws from different manufactures. They are not
the bent metal type but a tiny bit more up-market (but of no-name
branding) where the blade is tensioned with a screw.

I have purchased some Eclipse blades and have found that they only fit
into two of the frames I have. All frames take the same length of blade
but the difference is in the position or the diameter of the "pips" at
the end of the blades. In two cases the pip on the Eclipse bales are
too wide and will not fit into the pip slots in the frame. In the other
case where the blade doesn't fit the pip is positioned too far from the
end and the retaining slot in the frame isn't long enough.