Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default How the heck does a typical home transfer switch work?

In article ,
says...

There are literally dozens of varieties of fuses with different
ratings of how they blow in that configuration. I would try to find
out what Generac specs as the right fuse. For trouble shooting
purposes a 2a or 4a in any rating would work based on what you are
saying but long term I would get the one they spec. You could go to an
electrical supply or order them online. Home Depot is only going to
have the most popular sizes and ratings.

There is often a big misunderstanding about fuses.

Where I worked 2 men from the Buss fuse comapny gave a talk. At one
time they had many fuses with the statement a fuse for every
application. But the new selling point was that one fuse could replace
many kinds. Mostly all advertising hype. They even handed out a
plastic chart about 5x7 inches with all the fuses that could be replaced
by their 'newer' fuse.

As long as the fuse fits in the holder and has a high or higher voltage
rating, the fast/slow blow, and current ratings are the same it is ok to
use most any of the many types in many cases.