Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default That's my Folkboat!

T i m wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:51:43 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 17/07/2019 11:19, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 22:16:32 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 16/07/2019 22:09, TimW wrote:
Bought by a mysterious buyer who didn't come to look. Now see where she is!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48987193

Those diyers will be amused.

So that's for real Tim, she was yours?

A 1954 german built folkboat that I tidied up and sailed for a couple of
seasons.

Nice. Dad had a Sunspot 15(16?) a Leisure 17 and then a 21 (I think)
so I get the appeal.

She had sat on her trailer flaking paint for a few years
recently so I put her up for sale on ebay. Towed away to London a few
weeks ago after a few brief enquiries about if it was possible to put
the mast up without a crane. The trailer was a one off, so unmistakeable.

Aha.

I don't suppose she will be sailed again now

Did you mention it to a journalist or is appearing on the BBC news pages
and losing a little bit of the anonymity of Usenet an unexpected surprise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-49017092

GH