Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Code entry door-lock problem

On 17/07/2019 12:05, wrote:
It has been my historical experience, having maintained a few hundred of these devices over time, is that moment such a thing starts to go funny, replace it entirely.

Batteries *must* be replaced quarterly - sure, the literature 'suggests' annually, but a low battery will play merry hell with the internal programming, however the manufacturer might suggest otherwise.

Given that in my applications, lives, quite literally, depended on the reliable operation of these locks, I took no chances.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

A bit more info the keypad/electronics part is by
codelocks.com
fitted to Union Locks traditional door furniture including physical key
to override the electronics, for if the battery dies, (or erroneous lock
out of course).
The "company" has returned 3 or 4 times now, but whatever they change,
the intermittent functioning returns after they have left.
Intermittent in the sense of reliable functioning for numerous days and
people and then a continuous batch of failure as I said 30 or 40 times,
and return to normal function the next day/s.

If a keypad matrix problem then the red light should come on presumably.

--
Monthly public talks on science topics, Hampshire , England
http://diverse.4mg.com/scicaf.htm