Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default That's my Folkboat!

In message , TimW
writes
On 16/07/2019 22:09, TimW wrote:
Bought by a mysterious buyer who didn't come to look. Now see where she is!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48987193

Those diyers will be amused.
TW

I'm not a boatspotter and I've not knowingly seen a Folkboat for years,
but when I was young, they were always pointed out as being great boats.

I looked up the original advert, and it seems a terrible waste if that
is the end of her. I hope not. People don't know what they are missing
if they never encounter small seagoing yachts.

I listened to the Today Programme's interviews this morning regarding
Extinction Rebellion. The person representing them certainly gave the
impression that they, at the core, are not people who should be allowed
to promote their agenda to young people without serious questions being
asked of them.
--
Bill