Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Consumer Unit placement, thoughts and ideas please

On Wednesday, 17 July 2019 11:03:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
- Ideally would be a flush mounting CU, less choice
I think I'm leaning towards 2 but I'm having a bit of trouble finding
flush mounting 'main switch' CUs for an all RCBO set up.

A lot of metal surface CUs will flush mount quite nicely in plasterboard if you set the noggins neatly and trim the plasterboard carefully.

And you can stack metal CUs neatly using a length of trunking between the two. This pic shows some offcuts of I think MDF worktop used as a gasket bolted between the two metal surfaces to provide protection to the cables from the cutouts

https://www.diynot.com/diy/attachmen...39-jpg.164225/