Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Consumer Unit placement, thoughts and ideas please

On 17/07/2019 11:18, Robin wrote:
On 17/07/2019 10:58, Chris Green wrote:
snip

The perfect solution (for the
cupboard) would be a 'stacked' 8 + 8 unit but, in the UK anyway,
stacked CUs are rare and flush mounting stacked ones non-existent.Â* I
have found one from Garo but they're an Irish firm and I'm not really
sure about standards conformance.

You could use 2 consumer units with a "Henley" block.Â* Not as compact as
a stacked unit but then again they don't need to equal sizes.

PS

Just recalled that you can get stacking kits for some CUs which avoid
the need for the block. But I've never used them so you'd need advice
from those who have on the pros and cons. (FWLIW I've always wondered
about space for cable management if there's not a nice balance between
top and bottom entry.)

--
Robin