Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Just through where is your Internet traffic being routed?

wrote:

On Tuesday, 16 July 2019 08:43:40 UTC+1, Gareth's was W7 now W10
Downstairs Computer wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48990724

"So, for example, if a user typed in a web address whose domain name had
previously been linked to illegal activity - eg dodgysite.com -"

I thought I'd check ...

dodgysite.com is up for sale at $2295.

I wonder if it has been linked to illegal activity and, if not, if the
owner now has a claim for defamation against the BBC.

Owain

In the absence of some unexpected double meaning, I doubt a judge will
be easily convinced that suggesting something will live up to its name
is defamation.

--

Roger Hayter