Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 1000 watt generator enough for a typical refrigerator?

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 11:14:05 PM UTC-4, Ramon wrote:
replying to ransley, Ramon wrote:
Hi could a sportsman 2000 watts max run a 475 w refrigerator? Thanksfor
your
time.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...or-607116-.htm

I would say most likely yes. One issue that has been brought
up here is that modern frost-free ones, have a heater for defrost

Thats not frost free, thats cyclic defrost, stupid.

that probably draws more current than the compressor. But I'd think
that likely falls within your 2000 watts. If that 475w is normal
running,
it must be an old one. New ones pull under 100W. I watched a couple
on a Kill-a-Watt meter, they pulled maybe 300W when starting for a
second, then started declining to under 100W after a few minutes.