Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default converting an old rotary phone to work now

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 10:29:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 4:50:19 PM UTC-7, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 7/12/19 7:31 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 8:45:10 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I just got an old rotary phone from an antique store - the original
cord is attached - I want to hook it up and use it in my home - what
do I do??

I have a Philips Electrical Works....thinking 1940's. Whant to do this too is it the same as all other posts?

If it's got a red wire and a green wire, hook those up to the matching
wires in your house phone line.

--
Ever notice the shortage of "armed law-abiding citizen€ť victim tragedy
stories in the news?

i get a beep beep then dead air, i dail and then the same happens. Do i need a POTS?

It's quite amazing that in all this you have yet to tell us what phone service
you have that you're trying to connect this rotary phone to.