Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charles F[_4_] Charles F[_4_] is offline

Default Socket terminal screws not grabbing cable....

There is probably a crimp terminal you can put on if needed.

Maybe
https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-power/st...27a/dp/CN11386
Never used them myself, maybe ARW has and can advise.

I used loads yesterday. But that was on flex to relays and PSUs - probably
the most unpleasant job I have ever done. Some dick wants mag locks on
some small roller shutter doors to secure them in the open and closed
positions.

No specs, no design just get on with it and it seems no one has tried it
before. The working hours are 10am to 11am and 12.15 pm to 3pm but you can
only work on the outside of the shutters between 12.30pm and 2pm. All
shutters must be left in a working state when you are not working on them.
I also need to mention that it takes 5 minutes to get from the inside to
the outside of the shutters and even when open there is only a small
access panel to pass tools through (you can just get an impact driver
through it). The walls are steel lined ply with insulation in the cavity.

No access to the internet to learn how to set the limit switches on the
roller shutters (worked that one out on site by trial and error) and no
manual for the shutter door controls (had to "read" the PCB to see how
that worked).

Need an extra tool or part? A trip to the van is a 20 minute round trip.

And it works flawlessly. Only another 7 to do.

--
Adam

Has to be a prison - cell doors perhaps - or maybe food serving slots?

Charles F