View Single Post
  #320   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Lead acid battery charger (or alternator) switching to tricklewith load present?

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 04:03:31 +0100, Reggie Hammond wrote:

On 7/11/19 4:59 PM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 21:56:27 +0100, David Lidington wrote:

On 7/11/19 4:24 PM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Wrong yet again. I've changed the battery twice. It's consuming power overnight - presumably the alarm - I've actually measured up to 4 amps (randomly, sometimes it consumes nothing) coming off the battery with a meter when all the fuses are
pulled.The alarm (to stop theives) cannot be disabled with a fuse. To remove the alarm or replace it involves dismantling pretty much the entire front of the car.

After several false alarms at 3am, I took mine to the dealer and had them disable it. Might have been an hour labor charge.

Probably could have disconnected the battery and pulled the fuses and traced it out with a signal injector but that thought didn't really appeal to me so I threw some money at it.

It might depend on the car, but I was told (either for this one or the Golf I had two cars ago with the same problem) that an entire dashboard dismantling would be needed, a whole day's work for a garage. Although when I had a Ford Mondeo 17 years ago,
the AA disabled the alarm (which was preventing me using the car and disturbing the neighbours) by simply cutting (believe it or not) the red wire (!) under the steering wheel.

If you don't want to fix it, do what any libtard canadian mechanic would do and install a remote disconnect.

https://www.amazon.com/WATERWICH-Wir.../dp/B07R29SMVY

Then I need to reset the flashing clock.