Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On 12/07/2019 14:20, wrote:
On Thursday, 11 July 2019 21:49:05 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

No, use the VM superhub in modem mode, rather than as a router.

OOI, do you know if they have fixed the limitation that prevented modem
mode working if you have a static IP?

I don't think so, but you really don't want to use a static IP with VM
(except by tunneling one from elsewhere). I had no end of trouble with
a VM business line that had static IPs and going to dynamic IP in modem
mode solved nearly everything. I think VM use a GRE tunnel in static ip
mode which seems to be implemented in a very unreliable way.

Yup, had pretty much the same problem a year ago or so. Had to go back
to dynamic and modem mode. The main pain of that is its for a customer
with a group of offices, and they tend to have inter office VPNs setup.
So without the static IP you can't easily accept incoming VPN connections.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |