Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default MES bulb repair

Would it not be easier to remove the bulb, smash it somewhere graunch out
the remains from the screwed bit and then solder in whatever you fancy?

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 11/07/2019 19:44, Graeme wrote:

I need a 12 - 14v MES dimple bulb.

What's a 'dimple bulb'? Do you mean one with a lens? In which case an LED
bulb would be a good alternative.

Very common in the US, but unheard of here (unless you know better?), and
postage is a killer.

I have a blown bulb, and can probably get the glass out of the base, but
can I cut the base of the glass? Thinking if I could cut the glass, I
could insert a grain of wheat bulb, which will do the job, but how to cut
the glass?

Standard MES bulb uses a ceramic cement to 'glue' the glass envelope into
the base.