Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On 11/07/2019 12:56, tim... wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 11/07/2019 10:49, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:12:04 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 11/07/2019 09:40, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 23:30:16 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:21:02 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

Most corporate desktops are built on
OS+Browser+Outlook+Word+Excel(+Powerpoint). If that could be
reliably
moved to a Linux distro, you could move a lot of regular users off
Microsoft.

Libre office is pretty much all there. Doesn't do meetings an
calendars
. Thunderbird does but not sure about interfacing with others

And Word can Track Changes, again important in many organisations.

Cheers, T i m

I was under the impression that the Linux Office equivalents for
Word and
Excel were pretty complete ? If they're missing big stuff like
that (with
no plans to introduce it) then again, stop wasting my time with
"linux on
the desktop" stories

Of course it has that ability.

With Word, the de facto WP program across the business world?

T i m = T h i c k

Let's see (from those who *really* know).

Cheers, T i m

Well there is a comparison here
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/...crosoft_Office

For some reason they compare it to quite an old version of Office and
not to Office 365 or Office 2019.

I am not sure it copes with multiple users editing the same documents
at all well from the list of features.

it very probably doesn't

And I'd be willing to bet neither does WORD.

Thats more a file access locking network issue

Something else TNP knows nothing about but will still claim to.