Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:58:04 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

p.s. If the OP could put a USB stick in there for you, you could
remotely download and install Linux to it ... and if he could boot
from it and launch Teamviewer (or you could probably get in other
ways), you could see if the WiFi would then function properly. ;-)

While I could, I can't see it buys me anything.

Ok.

I know the hardware
works, I have had it connected to the network.

Yes, but I didn't say the hardware didn't work, I said it would allow
you to see if the 'WiFi functioned properly', including DHCP,
something I'm not sure you have yet seen?

Ok, if you were there in front of that box and with some bootable
Linux media, wouldn't you try it, just for the S&G's?

Cheers, T i m