Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soft material to go in oven

On 10/07/2019 21:06, newshound wrote:
On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic
rails to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been
pushed in properly when the door is closed.

Michael Chare

Silicone rubber. You can buy silicone hose in a variety of diameters and
in relatively short lengths from eBay.

You can get dedicated oven shelf anti-burn protectors from the likes ot
Aldi-Lidl that have a /\/\/\/\ profile so that not only do you not touch
hot metal you only touch the peaks. Its a soft slightly more highly
filled silicone rubber stable at temperatures a domestic oven can reach.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown