Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soft material to go in oven

What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

Michael Chare

Silicone rubber. You can buy silicone hose in a variety of diameters and
in relatively short lengths from eBay. It's widely used by those who
tinker with motor vehicles. It's also handy for replacing fuel hoses on
mowers, chain saws, etc since it is more flexible than PVC, and doesn't
harden.

You might also consider Sugru which (I think) is silicone, but they do
claim an upper temperature limit of 180C.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 20:54:32 UTC+1, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.
I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

Oven shelf edge protectors

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-P...dp/B002JINT72/

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/10913/2-S...lf-Edge-Guards

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

Michael Chare

Silicone tube, split so it fits over the rack? Perhaps make some strips
to tie it in place.

You can use silicone baking trays and oven liners so I assume it should
be ok temp wise.

--
Always smile when walking, you never know where there is a camera ;-)

Remarkable Coincidences:
The Stock Market Crashes of 1929 and 2008 happened on the same
date in October. In Oct 1907, a run on the Knickerbocker Trust
Company led to the Great Depression.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

an oven with pyrolytic cleaning function?

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

The silicone used for those cooking trays used for cupcakes etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 07:01:18 +1000, Jack98, better known as cantankerous

What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

The silicone used for those cooking trays used for cupcakes etc.

At least two persons provided that answer already, senile Rodent. Just what
in hell makes you believe an answer is only valid when YOU repeat it, you
self-important senile asshole?

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Something made of teflon like you get in frying pans, maybe?
OK its not that soft but its not as hard as metal. Have you thought of
cutting the rods a bit so you would need to be particularly stupid to leave
them that far out? Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael Chare" wrote in message
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare brought next idea :
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails to
stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in properly
when the door is closed.

You can buy a soft silicon rubber designed to be fitted to oven racks,
to save burning yourself when making skin contact with the hot oven
racks. Would that work?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2019 21:06, newshound wrote:
On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic
rails to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been
pushed in properly when the door is closed.

Michael Chare

Silicone rubber. You can buy silicone hose in a variety of diameters and
in relatively short lengths from eBay.

You can get dedicated oven shelf anti-burn protectors from the likes ot
Aldi-Lidl that have a /\/\/\/\ profile so that not only do you not touch
hot metal you only touch the peaks. Its a soft slightly more highly
filled silicone rubber stable at temperatures a domestic oven can reach.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2019 07:31, Brian Gaff wrote:
Something made of teflon like you get in frying pans, maybe?
OK its not that soft but its not as hard as metal. Have you thought of
cutting the rods a bit so you would need to be particularly stupid to leave
them that far out? Brian

The idea of the telescopic rails is that you can easily pull the shelf
out to make it easier to remove whatever is being cooked. Unfortunately
the rails will hit the glass of the door if they are not pused back in
properly. I think the glass may fail if it gets scratched.

Thanks for all the replies I did not know about silicone rubber.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

A small dolop of Fantastic Elastic Flexible Glue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-E.../dp/B004QX29CO

I found it on sale in Poundland.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic rails
to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been pushed in
properly when the door is closed.

A small dolop of Fantastic Elastic Flexible Glue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-E.../dp/B004QX29CO

I found it on sale in Poundland.

No evidence that that will survive oven temps. Silicone anti burn strips
certainly will and cost about the same.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:55 am in Australia ...and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and Trolling, ALREADY!!! LMAO!

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:55:30 +1000, Jack98, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH troll**** unread

02:55 am in Australia? And you've been out of bed and trolling for OVER AN
HOUR already, AGAIN? Do you really know NO shame AT ALL? LOL

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/07/2019 15:43, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 10/07/2019 20:54, Michael Chare wrote:
What soft material would be OK in a domestic oven used for cooking.

I want something that I could attach to the ends of the telescopic
rails to stop them damaging the glass door if they have not been
pushed in properly when the door is closed.

A small dolop of Fantastic Elastic Flexible Glue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-E.../dp/B004QX29CO

I found it on sale in Poundland.

I got some from the local Pound shop, thank you for the suggestion. It
does say on the packet that it can withstand high temperature.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz explained :
A small dolop of Fantastic Elastic Flexible Glue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fantastic-E.../dp/B004QX29CO

I found it on sale in Poundland.

I just happened to be in Poundland yesterday, so I picked up a tube to
try. I found a (cold) use for some immediately, sticking some plastic
DPC to a metal box outdoor, to deflect rain. It seemed to work fine on
that little job. It does say its OK to high temperatures, but doesn't
say how high.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe it turns into explosive at a high temperature so there is nobody left
alive to contradict them? :-)
Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!