Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Netbook, back again

On 11/07/2019 00:16, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 23:38:48 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 10/07/2019 10:52, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 09:37:32 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

snip

I'd be interested to see if that netbook could connect to that router
with Linux. ;-)

Doesn't really get anywhere if the O/P wants XP ...

Not really the goal though Andy [1]. It would be to test to see if the
hardware will *still* connect to the VM Hub *now*, indicating that it
is possible and so there may be some mileage in checking say WiFi
drivers (assuming John didn't etc)

I did. It was running the latest edition offered by ASUS for that
machine, but I also tried a later offering from Qualcomm.

Noted. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. If the OP could put a USB stick in there for you, you could
remotely download and install Linux to it ... and if he could boot
from it and launch Teamviewer (or you could probably get in other
ways), you could see if the WiFi would then function properly. ;-)

While I could, I can't see it buys me anything. I know the hardware
works, I have had it connected to the network.

--
Cheers,

John.