Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Netbook, back again

On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 13:03:14 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:24:54 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 11:25:44 +0100, T i m wrote:

I had exactly the same thing when using a Linux newsgroup when reporting
an isssue with overspeed on a wired mouse (FFS). It took someone
offering to come in remotely and try to fix the problem did all the
troll hunters have to eat their words (except being mostly left brainers
they didn't of course). ;-)

The Linux community is probably the single biggest thing holding back the
wider adoption of Linux.

Agreed, as seen for an ordinary users POV (eg, just looking for a
workable desktop OS solution, free or otherwise).

Wow I actually have to agree with you here.

The problem with some perhaps most linux users is they don't like paying form software so the like of MS and adobe aren't really willing to write or produce high end software for that platfom for free and who can blame them.
But we do use linux here quite a bit, for labs but not for admin work.