Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Magic Indicator

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 22:04:23 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 08/07/2019 14:52, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 13:50:14 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
snip

usually wumin drivers I have found turn on their indicator and drive
into the side of you...I spend my life avoiding wummin drivers ..that is
why the statistics for wummin drivers are so good ....

Except they are ... that's why their insurance premiums were generally
lower than for men (of the same age / experience / history /
profession).

How good were those statistics though?

Considering these people make a living from not seeming to carry any
risk themselves [1], pretty good?

In all the families and couples I
know the man tends to drive much further for work, drive at the busiest
times and during the night and do virtually all the driving when both of
them are in the car.

As it is here.

If men and women were being genuinely compared on
like-for-like mileage, times, locations, etc. I'm sure the accident
figures would be much more the same.

But as mentioned elsewhere, with insurance Co's it also comes down to
the cost (to them) of the loss and the suggestion is that women's
accidents are generally lighter and so cheaper (they don't think they
are racing drivers and more likely to scrape your car than write it
off). shrug

Cheers, T i m

[1] Our car was written of by a hit-and-run (slow articulated truck)
when parked at night and we were asleep in bed. Because we were fully
Comp they paid up, but it went down as a 'blame claim' because there
wasn't another part to claim against? Why should we have to carry any
blame? I didn't claim off them the years I wasn't involved in an
accident (Increased NCB isn't a claim). ;-)