Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Netbook, back again

On 08/07/2019 21:11, ss wrote:
Have you gone into control panel and tried to set up a new wifi
connection using the wizard,Â*Â* selecting WPA, and entering the info on
the back of the router for SSIFD and password, yet?

I deleted all the wireless connections and started a new one.
I think I was doing ok until this cropped up:

...""It is asking for a network password needs to be 40bits or 104bits
depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as a 5 or
13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters"......

Then you did NOT tick the box at the bottom of the first screen that
says 'WPA'

€œProgress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,€

€“ Ludwig von Mises