Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Wireless energy monitor recommendations?

Hi all,

The recent questions around issues with daughters pre-paid top up key
(now resolved thanks) have made me think they might like / appreciate
some sort of real-time energy monitor display.

I have had one years ago (but it died) so I was wondering if anyone
could personally recommend a particular make or model, ideally not to
expensive?

A simple / clear real-time usage display (ideally in a tangible form
like kWh, not just 'None - Loads') and if it could also manage the
current running 'cost', plus possibly the cumulative cost, that might
be the cherry on the cake, especially if the total could also include
a daily standing charge?

Failing the extra bits, something with a reasonable remote range
(meter / lounge at opposite ends of the flat) and the clearest display
please.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Am I right in thinking this is one of (/only?) the 'perks' of
getting a smart meter fitted, the remote display thing?

Prompted by this thread I've just ordered one of these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONZO-Smar...ipFi nCBRc37g

I wonder if it comes with ready-leaked batteries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NyGMdg3NI4

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%