Joseph Meehan

Default Paint ceilings and walls using Satin paint?

FE wrote:
Greetings:
I have a 1,005 square foot condo. It's going to be painted probably
within a week. The contractor said he could do everything in
semi-gloss at a good price and it would look fine. However, I had
received feedback from this forum and from other sources that
semi-gloss might show-up imperfections and create an undesirable
glare, so I'm not going to go that route. The whole place is going
to be done in one color -- something neutral, like Swiss Coffee. (It
appears that going one-color, one-sheen is the least expensive route
-- maybe because the painter doesn't have to mask and "cut" as much.)

MY QUESTION: What if all the walls AND ceilings were painted with
Satin paint? Would that give me a surface that's durable and
washable yet doesn't have the glare of semi-gloss? I would be very
interested in your feedback if you have ever painted your home in all
satin. (I'm still going to do kitchens/bathrooms with semi-gloss.)

Thanks

There is no simple yes or no answer. It is all a matter of what
conditions your walls are in, what look you like, how well the job is done,
the specific paint used etc.

You might try getting a small quantity of the paint and try it on a wall
and ceiling and see if you like it.

Frankly I don't think I would like it, but that is just my opinion. You
may love it.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math