Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Hearing aids

On 06/07/2019 12:44, Richard wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Richard wrote:
As for being admitted to hospital and things getting stolen, I guess
anything pocketable of value is fair game.

My local hospital provided a locker for things like your phone etc, when
having day surgery.

I'd rather hoped that would be the case. Andrew was being a tad alarmist.

A relative had a fall and was taken to the Heath Hospital by ambulance
in a semi-comatiose state.

The relative who found him went in the ambulance and took his NHS
hearing aid and other essentials at the same time, but while being
transferred to another local hospital (after initial investigation
at the Heath) his hearing aid vanished before he got through the
initial confusion stage.

So I'm not being alarmist. Stuff disappears from hospitals, simply
because of their open access.