Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fire escape ladders/ropes/descenders/ ...

On 6 Jul 2019 11:29:27 GMT, Marland wrote:

Most unusual fat fire I started to tackle was in a pub kitchen where
the thermostats* on a small counter top deep fryer failed in the on
position. , so we isolated it from the consumer unit and then smothered
with a blanket while others cleared the customers and called the fire
brigade. Despite the blanket flames still crept ominously around the
edges threatening to set fire to surrounding items.

Hotel or pub, was waiting for breakfast, heard commotion from
kitchen, wandered in to see a grill pan and burning sausages, grabbed
a tea towel bunged it under the cold tap, wrang it out *well*, took
hold of corners, twisted wrists and fore arms inwards so damp tea
towel was between the flames and me and laid it gently over. Bit of
hissing and whispy smoke, advised rather paniced kitchen staff to
just leave it for 30 minutes to cool down before touching it again
and returned to wait for my breakfast.

Did I get a free breakfast or night? Did I F...

--
Cheers
Dave.