Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fire escape ladders/ropes/descenders/ ...

tony sayer explained on 05/07/2019 :
God isn't that stupid i can off my mobile give Lat Long and National
grid to within 3 or 4 metres but some berk wanted the postcode broke
down in the middle of nowhere.

I stopped for a coffee down a lane, in a lay-bye - a guy in van was
acting very strangely, out wondering round the road, shouting as if
either very drunk or very ill, so I did a 999. I had no idea of the
postcode, or name of the lane, but I could give the lat/long from my
satnav, which they were not able to make use of. Luckily a local came
along, whom I was able to stop and ask where I was and to give help to
control the guy, until the emergency services arrived.