Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default MK Essentials

On 04/07/2019 14:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
Who owns the MK name these days. Its all about pretending that a brand is
what it used to be.
I mean the early affordable DVD players were branded Warfdale. The early
dolby cassette decks were branded Bell and Howell. Nobody for a second
thought these were the makers. They were brand engineered.
Brian

When has it been any different? Even 40+ years ago I was aware that a
VHS video recorder with a "quality name", and price to match, came from
the same assembly line (with identical innards) as a much cheaper brand
in the marketplace. This is also when I started losing faith in the
Which? reviews which gave widely different "quality" scoring for two
identical units with different badges. The more expensive of the boxes
was a best buy while the other wasn't worth considering.