Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dumore Drill Sharpner

On 2019-06-03, MOP CAP wrote:
I have put this unit together from bits and pieces into a very usable
machine. The bearings in the motor have been replaced, all but two
collets are there, a collections of wheels [obtained on Ebay] are there,
a replace ment mag-glass has been fitted, light yes, the chuck has been
made from a 1/4 " drill.

Looks like I'm a bit late following up to this. :-)

O.K. Sounds pretty complete. Which two collets are missing,
out of curiosity?

And the wheels -- were you able to find the ones which are two
different grits in layers? (Coarser grit for the larger bits, the finer
grit for the drills down near #70 (the bottom end of the range).)

All in all it is a very servicable unit. Others may disagree.
CP

It is quite serviceable -- based on mine. Of course it only
does conventional drill sharpening (at various tip angles), and not what
I would like -- "split point".

And -- do you have a copy of the manual?

You can find it he

http://www.d-and-d.com/misc/MANUALS/DuMore/DuMore-Drill-Grinder-manual.pdf

And a report of mine at:

http://www.d-and-d.com/interesting-tools/DuMore-Drill-Grinder

I had to turn a number of collets (I only got the 1/4" one with
it) before I lucked into sharing a win on eBay for two almost complete
sets. Quite an array in a wooden box given that it covered fractional
inch sizes, number sizes (down to #70) and letter sizes (just up to 'E'
IIRC).

Enjoy,
DoN.

--