Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Dumore Drill Sharpner

What is one of these woth these days?
Thanks
CP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 14:36:22 -0700, MOP CAP wrote:

What is one of these woth these days?
Thanks
CP

If you mean the 21-011 guys are still asking close to $us500 for
them. Not sure if they are getting it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2019-06-02, MOP CAP wrote:
What is one of these woth these days?

How complete is it?

Does it have the mounted diamond for dressing the wheel?

Does it have the magnifying glass for setting the drill bit?

Does it have the light to illuminate the bit while setting?

Does it have the *full* set of collets (one each for each
fractional and Number size bit (and a few for the
letter size bits smaller than or equal to 1/4"?
They come in a fitted wood box.)

Does it have the wheel for roughing a broken bit?

Does the drill chuck work smoothly?

And -- of course -- does the motor run properly?

Ideally -- does it have spares of the dual-grit sharpening
wheel?

Assuming that you are talking about the Dumore drill sharpener
which I know about.

There is *one* on eBay at the moment for $499.99, and it is *far*
from complete. I don't see *any* collets, and no dressing diamond.

I would not pay that for it as it appears. However, watch it
and see whether someone else does.

The assembly for the chuck is mounted backwards. Remove the two
bolts holding the pedestal for the drill chuck assembly, rotate it 180
degrees and replace the bolts.

It is missing the magnifier.

And maybe the power cord.

Thanks
CP

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have put this unit together from bits and pieces into a very usable
machine. The bearings in the motor have been replaced, all but two
collets are there, a collections of wheels [obtained on Ebay] are there,
a replace ment mag-glass has been fitted, light yes, the chuck has been
made from a 1/4 " drill.
All in all it is a very servicable unit. Others may disagree.
CP

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 18:14:01 -0400, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 14:36:22 -0700, MOP CAP wrote:

What is one of these woth these days?
Thanks
CP

If you mean the 21-011 guys are still asking close to $us500 for
them. Not sure if they are getting it.

I picked one up for $150 last month.

__

"Poor widdle Wudy...mentally ill, lies constantly, doesnt know who he is, or even what gender "he" is.

No more pathetic creature has ever walked the earth. But...he is locked into a mental hospital for the safety of the public.

Which is a very good thing."

Asun rauhassa, valmistaudun sotaan.

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2019-06-03, MOP CAP wrote:
I have put this unit together from bits and pieces into a very usable
machine. The bearings in the motor have been replaced, all but two
collets are there, a collections of wheels [obtained on Ebay] are there,
a replace ment mag-glass has been fitted, light yes, the chuck has been
made from a 1/4 " drill.

Looks like I'm a bit late following up to this. :-)

O.K. Sounds pretty complete. Which two collets are missing,
out of curiosity?

And the wheels -- were you able to find the ones which are two
different grits in layers? (Coarser grit for the larger bits, the finer
grit for the drills down near #70 (the bottom end of the range).)

All in all it is a very servicable unit. Others may disagree.
CP

It is quite serviceable -- based on mine. Of course it only
does conventional drill sharpening (at various tip angles), and not what
I would like -- "split point".

And -- do you have a copy of the manual?

You can find it he

http://www.d-and-d.com/misc/MANUALS/DuMore/DuMore-Drill-Grinder-manual.pdf

And a report of mine at:

http://www.d-and-d.com/interesting-tools/DuMore-Drill-Grinder

I had to turn a number of collets (I only got the 1/4" one with
it) before I lucked into sharing a win on eBay for two almost complete
sets. Quite an array in a wooden box given that it covered fractional
inch sizes, number sizes (down to #70) and letter sizes (just up to 'E'
IIRC).

Enjoy,
DoN.

--